Wednesday, July 20, 2011

(Mostly) Wordless Wednesday: The First Year


If you follow me on Twitter, you've probably seen my recent tweets that make me seem like a walking spokesperson for ArtsCow.com. It's only because I think they have great prices (especially when they release awesome discount codes) and because they have products that most other web based photo companies do not have.

There are tons of places you can create photo books, but ArtsCow is the only place I've seen where you can make photo board books. I think these are awesome--  the books will also stand up to years of abuse by little hands. (No ripped pages!)

They're having an awesome sale on the board books right now (until 7/25), which they call "Deluxe" Books-- 6x6 books are $12.99 and 8x8 & 9x7 books are $19.99. Free Shipping! (Code: DBKS1299)

I have a few books that I'd like to make: one with Liam's newborn photo shoot pics & one with pics and names of our family (as a birthday gift to Liam). But the one I wanted to get done now, is a photo book of his first year to display at his birthday party. I've been working on it for the past week or so and it's finally done!

I couldn't wait to share the pages! The black outside borders are not so large in his book-- I just designed them a little bigger than I needed to so I'd have room to zoom in on the center design.

(Click on any of the pics to enlarge.)
























My plan is to display this book at his party, then mail it to Rob's Dad or Grandmother-- Neither of them have received enough pics from us this year. Then, after the party, I'll create a new book using most of these pages, but adding in a few extras like our family beach trip in Aug and his birthday in Sept for us to keep-- a complete first year.

Just an FYI-- The company is headquartered in TX, but their printer is in Hong Kong, so if you need a book for a certain date, order early. (Looks like the standard shipping time for photo books is 2-3 weeks.) I'll be sure to post pics (and a review) of our book once it arrives!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love this. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a book with family members faces. I think babies would love that! Yours looks perfect, as would be expected, obviously! :)

    Christina
    subfertilefrugalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness..I LOVE IT!!!

    I want to make one now!

    ReplyDelete