- Floors-- We are thrilled at how they turned out! They match the rest of our house beautifully. We had to move out of the house for a few days and were able to come home and put our furniture back yesterday. We ended up getting a very reasonable quote and we not only got the bedroom done, but our living room floors screened too. Done!
- Upgrade to King Size Bed-- With the two of us, plus a large cuddly dog, and soon a baby, we just wanted some more room. (We are not co-sleeping, but we still need some space for those late night/early morning nursing sessions.) The mattress we chose could still use a pillow-top mattress pad, we are going to make an upholstered headboard, and we need some new linens, but for now, the mattress is on a frame and the bed is made. We slept in it last night. Done!
- Laundry-- All blankets, diapers, washcloths, towels, clothes, burp cloths, sheets, mattress covers, changing pad covers, etc are washed, folded and ready to go. Done!
- Packing-- Hospital bag is packed and in the car. My diaper bag is also stocked. Done!
- Shopping-- There is nothing left on the list that we have to have-- I'm still picking up things here and there to decorate the nursery, but everything that we need is here. Everything from clothes to gear, meds to blankets, bath stuff to monitors-- it's here. Done!
- Cooking-- Freezer stash is ready to go with: 6 casseroles, 2 containers of fresh green beans, 10 containers of soup/chili and 3 loaves of banana bread. I'll add to this as I can, but this is certainly enough to get us through our first couple of weeks home. Done!
- Car Seat-- Installed in my car. Checked for safety. Done!
- Thank You Notes-- All thank you notes from our two baby showers with friends and family, plus two showers with Rob's co-workers have been written, addressed, and mailed. Done!
- Birth Announcements-- Addressed. Need to pick up some stamps this week, but for all intents and purposes, Done!
- The Nursery-- The bedding is done, the furniture is arranged, the changer is stocked, the decals are on the walls and I've done everything I can do. I know I've been such a tease about this, but I swear I'm going to post pics soon. (I've promised these for so long, I know you don't believe me!) I just didn't want to put up any pics until it is totally done-- My dad is going to help me hang some shelves and shutters this week. He and my mom just moved here two weeks ago and things have been so hectic that we haven't had a chance to add the last few finishing touches. So, I count this as Done!
So, what's left?
Tomorrow I will knock out some sewing projects that I need to get done. I have a few orders of baby shoes and burp cloths that I need to get out the door ASAP. That's really the last thing that absolutely MUST get done before baby-time.
When that's done, I really want to fill in the pregnancy section of Liam's baby book. I know that it will be a struggle to go back and do these things after he's here-- I have some things that I've written for it that are typed on the computer, but I haven't written them in the book. I'm determined to get it done.
I'm sure that other things will pop up between now and labor, but for the most part, I feel ready! Feels good.