Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to School: Jack's First Day!

I meant to post these pics on Friday afternoon, but we came down with the plague something nasty this weekend! 

Jack had a great first day, but when I picked him up from school, he felt warm. I brushed it off & thought that maybe he was just a little flushed from the snuggles of his sweet teachers. He came home and took a nap & woke up FLAMING hot. When I took his temp around 4:30pm it was almost 104. I undressed him, gave him a lukewarm bath and some ibuprofen & his temp went down to 102. I checked on him a million times throughout the night and I think his fever broke around 4am-- by Saturday morning, he was fever free! He slept much later than usual yesterday and today, so I think he's still fighting a little something, but he's definitely on the mend. I think he'd probably been sick for a few days and I just caught the end of it. He's cutting his top molars & we've been chalking up everything to teething.

About the time we took Jack's temp, I decided it might be a good idea to take my own. I'd felt pretty lethargic the past few days and had some pain in my back and stiffness in my muscles. I had a 101 degree fever! It hovered between 100.5-101.5 on Fri & Sat & it was awful! Fever, body aches, sore throat, headache, sore/swollen glands. My parents came and got Liam, Rob took care of Jack and I barely left the bed all day. I can't remember the last time I've been down for the count like that-- This time last year? Right before I delivered Jack & it was one thing after another? These days I'm relatively well, other than my (too) frequent migraines.

Sunday morning I woke up to a normal temp (it went up later in the day), but my throat felt horrible and it looked even worse, so I decided to pay a visit to the walk in clinic, just to see what was up. They did a strep test and some blood work-- Strep rapid culture was negative. Blood work was positive for a bacterial infection, either Staph or H. Flu. I got a shot in each butt cheek (steroid & antibiotic) and a prescription for an oral antibiotic. I'm glad I went and didn't just wait it out.

I was at about 80% today-- ran some errands, watched the kids while Rob worked, made dinner. In a few more days, I should be as good as new!

So, that was a long explanation for why these pics weren't up sooner. But here they are, pics of my littlest little's first day of school:

He had a great day & as long as we're all well, he'll go back on Friday. Fingers crossed that Liam doesn't get anything-- he goes back Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment