Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Big Reveal!


N0, not of the baby, silly!
(He's decided to live at home until he's 40.)

The big reveal of the nursery, FINALLY!!
(Hope he likes his room.)

His room is so tiny, there's not really a way to show you the whole thing at once, so I took some individual pics of the different walls of his room.

The door to the nursery:


The crib:


Crib bumper pads:


Close-up of the crib skirt:

Bottom border of the crib skirt:

New fan:

Wall decal above the changer:

Changing table:

Reading/Nursing/Snuggling corner:

Close-up of the side table (pic of the three of us will go in the frame):

Close-up of the shelves:

Hooks on the back of his door:

Overall, I'm really happy with how it turned out. I love the crib (which was a gift from my parents), I adore how the beadboard turned out, I'm crazy about the custom rocket decals that match the rockets on his bedding, I'm happy with the crib bedding I made (that fabric is my favorite!), I like the fun but simple accessories and I'm really glad we found a rug that will work!

We'll still need to get something to cover the windows (they have blackout shades on them for now) but we're working on it. The paint on the walls, which we color-matched to the green in the bumper pads, has been a pain to match to anything else, so we ended up with several greens in the room-- but I think it looks ok. I've been waiting almost three weeks for our alphabet print with his name to come from etsy-- I hope it arrives before Liam does! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get one of the rocket lamps that I originally posted about, but I'm always on the lookout for something fun for his side table. I also need a book bin to put next to the glider, but I think I've found the perfect one on etsy-- Brody and Ma will make one using any fabric you want, so I can have one made that matches his crib bedding perfectly.

The room is stocked with everything a baby could possibly need-- now we just need the baby! Come on, Liam!!

8 comments:

  1. So stinkin cute!!! Come on out Liam the room is totally worth it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sneak! I was sure after your recent silence I'd come here to find he had made his appearance. The nursery is to die for, though. Just precious. I love your sewing, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the nursery. Absolutely adorable!
    Come one, Liam! make your appearance already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Goodness.

    It is perfection. Every little detail. I am simultaneously in awe and totally jealous.

    Love, love, love. What a lucky little boy Liam is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You did an amazing job on it! Love the puppy tails on the back of the door too - such a cute touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Now Liam just needs to get here to sleep in that beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete