Sunday, September 20, 2009

29

29 years ago today, I was born on my mom's birthday. Ten days before her due date, my mom went into labor on the evening of the 19th, then had me around 7am on the 20th. It's always been special to me that we share the same birthday-- I know that I took this day from her long ago, but as I've gotten older, it's been fun to share it. We have made a point of spending our birthday together each year that we can. Last year, we were supposed to go to Paris to celebrate her 60th--but once again the attention fell on me, as my wedding fell 3 weeks after our birthday, and our trip got delayed (indefinitely).

This year, we were able to spend our day together. Rob was out of town at Vanderbilt this weekend, so my mom suggested that we meet in Atlanta for some shopping and relaxing. We had a blast! We got there Friday afternoon and were able to stay until mid-afternoon today. We stayed at the Marriott that's connected to Lenox, so we were able to walk right into the shopping-- we hardly noticed that it poured rain all weekend. Nine West, Banana Republic, Victoria's Secret, Tiffany's, Marc Jacobs, and Macy's got our money, but we had a great time looking in some of the high end stores. I even tried on a $79,000 sapphire ring! It's fun to dream.

I came home with quite a stash (thanks mom!), but here was my favorite thing:

What girl can resist the little blue box? So, this doesn't hold the $79,000 sapphire, but it does hold something pretty darn cute:

I've been ogling this in the catalog for a year or so-- it's part of their new charm collection.I wanted to start a bracelet and now I have my first charm! I've picked out a few more charms to add to my list for Christmas and future birthdays, all Tiffany's themed.

When I returned home, Rob had quite a few treats for me as well! He went in with my parents to get me the new Dell Netbook I've been wanting:

He also ordered me an amazing bracelet that he had artist Kathryn Riechert custom create for me. My picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a beautiful sterling silver cuff bracelet with the quote, "I love you more than I could ever promise," engraved on it. This is a line from the song that we danced to at our wedding: "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson who we are going to see (again!) this Thursday night.


The house looked beautiful when I got home (Rob did a fabulous job cleaning) and my presents were all wrapped with a card and balloons tied to them when I got home from Atlanta:

So, I'm not a big Dora the Explorer fan, but Rob couldn't resist this balloon, because it reminds us of one of our favorite SNL Digital Shorts, Maraka. You can watch the video here: Maraka/Dora the Explorer on SNL!

I had a wonderful birthday-- couldn't have been a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment