Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Plan, Take Two

I called my ob/gyn this morning and talked to the nurse. They want me to wait until Monday (CD44) to see if my period comes and if it doesn't, they want me to take a pregnancy test on Monday morning. Assuming it's negative (it will be), they want me to start on a medication called Prometrium (a synthetic progesterone). I'll take this for 10 days and it will force my body to start my period. She said to continue to chart my temps and to keep my appointment in October. If they can do the CD21 bloodwork before that appointment, they will. Otherwise, they'll just order the panel afterward.

Sigh.

I'm a little iffy about pumping my body full of fake progesterone. I trust my doctor, but this will be the first time in 17 years that I've needed medication to start my period. Stress much?!

No comments:

Post a Comment