Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Confirmed


Definitely O'd.
I didn't have any fertile signs, but that temp shift is pretty clear.

It's easy to be disappointed that our timing wasn't perfect (like last cycle), but I'm trying not to dwell on that. There have been plenty of cycles where our timing was perfect and it didn't happen for us. So, who's to say that we might not get lucky when we least expect it?

I'm not going to visit Dr. RE for the progesterone shot unless I haven't gotten my period by CD43-- there doesn't seem to be much point. My typical LP seems to be about 15 days so I think that getting the shot might actually delay my period instead if bringing it quicker.

I still believe that our real chance to get pregnant will come when I'm ovulating earlier-- So, I'll call Dr. RE when AF comes so that I'll know if I should start the next round of Clomid on CD2 like last cycle. (She's already phoned in the prescription for me.) I'd also like to get an ultrasound done on either CD2 or CD3 to ensure that my lining is ok and I'm free of cysts as we go into the next cycle. My doc does not do much monitoring on the first few cycles of Clomid, but is open to performing any monitoring I want. I think that it's important, especially when I know women who have developed cysts and thin lining after 50 mg of Clomid like Egg did.

In other news, I should have an update about our house tomorrow. We had someone come over yesterday to measure the moisture in the basement, the walls and floor around the bathroom. It's really bad-- as in, they will probably have to rip out the entire bathroom (the tub, toilet, sink, floor, walls) to repair all of the water damage. The insurance adjuster comes tomorrow between 9-11am to assess our situation. From there, we'll find out how much money we'll get from the insurance company to fix all of the problems. My worst fear is that we won't get enough money to fix everything that is damaged. The best case scenario I can think of, is that we'll have enough money to fix the damage to the walls and floor, be able to put down the new tile we want (tile will have to be replaced if they rip of the floor), possibly tile the wall inside the tub and replace the sink. We'll see...
I'll update when I know something tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. YES! This is awesome news. And you know, I o'd on CD 25 or 26 when we got our BFP. Not that it worked out in the end, but still.

    The house stuff sounds like a real pain. We're dealing with something similar in our Co-op right now (thanks to the building next door having a burst pipe that flooded our basement and warped floorboards on the ground floor). My husband is the Co-op board president, so it's been seriously annoying. Plus, we all might have to chip in extra into our maintenance to cover the costs. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had the temp shift! And I agree about the monitoring. It's so important. I developed very thin lining during my first round of Clomid. Luckily they caught it and we were able to fix it during the second round.

    I hope everything goes well with the house and you don't have to pay for any of the major repairs out of pocket.

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the temp shift! It's great to know that you DID ovulate, even if the timing wasn't perfect. I totally agree with you on the monitoring. I've done my first four cycles of Clomid relatively unmonitored by my OB/GYN. So I'm pretty much in the dark if I have cysts, thin lining, etc. Monitoring is a good thing!!
    Hope the house stuff turns out OK. Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete